Saturday, August 15, 2009

Golf Whatever We Are???

To celebrate our anniversary weekend, Dad and I went golfing. We have been really frugal this summer so this was our first time out in 2009. It's up to $22 bucks for 18 and $17 for nine.

I want to thank everyone who is responsible for me looking fabulous. I may not be the world's greatest golfer, but I look like I might be? For those keeping track I had on a pretty yellow and blue golf shirt, compliments of Sharon, my year old comfortable sparkling white golf shoes and glove from your Dad, a wonderful year old golf cart from Ryan and Santa came through with my new pink and black golf bag. The inside seams of the Dockers I had on have seen better days, but no one looks at me that close. My year old putter and I were having issues, but it is way gorgeous. Looks are everything, right?

Brent hit every tree on the front nine. All he had to do was pull back to swing and all the trees would jump right in front of his golf ball. I thought one tree had actually eaten his ball, but it eventually rolled out of the giant pine tree. The back nine trees stayed in place. They must have used different varieties on the latter addition to the course.

I played a really good game of golf. I even had one hole that I boogied completely honestly. Otherwise I only cheated on 17 holes. Mostly I played best ball. If they are going to insist on selling golf balls in packages of three they must mean for me to use all of them as often as possible. Right? I have found using the really long tees help, but they are history after one use. Dad has no clue I go through so many tees. He uses one for an entire round.

Dad was remarkable on the back nine. He shot a 44. I was impressed. Espeicially considering how many trees he hit on the ninth hole. It was a new personal best record for him.

With my unique and totally honest scoring method it turned out that I had 101 on 18 holes and Dad shot a 94. I only used my foot wedge once. I know. You are so proud of your mother's integrity. If your Dad decides to change career he is promising as a hockey goalie. He's really good at snagging my wayward putts and saving my bacon.

I know all of you want to be with us playing golf, so being bored silly by dear old Mom is the next best thing.

1 comment:

  1. Its true I would rather be golfing. Congrats on getting better at cheating and looking professional about it.

    ReplyDelete