Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Bridges of Palisades Creek




We each grabbed a 1.77 pint bottle of water and some chocolate bars and went looking for adventure. Dad really wanted to make it all the way to the first Palisades Lake. I thought we should hike for about two hours and turn back. As it turned out we did the three bridges and called it a day after an hour and a half. There were several reasons for this decision. 1. I didn't want to do the final steep climb up to the lake because I am a wuz. 2. The trail was mucky in places and after the final bridge it became a swamp. 3. I didn't want to recover from climbing up, then coming down from the hard part.




The highlight of our trip off the mountain were the two boys aged about 12 or 13. They had on 20 pound packs and couldn't figure out why they couldn't manage to keep ahead of the fat woman, carrying an empty water bottle. It only took an hour and 10 minutes to get off the mountain.








2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous, I wish we could have gone with you. That hike looks beautiful and green, the things I miss most.
    My whole family has green all around them, I have dirt and cactus.
    And John has always been a panzy, Cheesecake Factory! I didn't even think they had those in Idaho.
    I am glad you had fun, though your expressions in your pictures tell me otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you posted pictures since we were unable to make it up that far thanks to our family episode. Oh well, we're just thankful everyone is safe and sound. Great seeing you guys!

    Greg~ Your comment made me laugh ;)

    ReplyDelete