Saturday, July 4, 2009

Fourth of July Plans Bomb

Our original 4th of July plans were to stay home and do yard work. Dad came home on Wednesday and said we could go to Phoenix for the fourth because there was a load no one else wanted. He had even arranged a FAST reload? Like that ever happens. Everything is a go. Dad even calls me while I'm picking up his perscription in Wal Mart to tell me he's on his way to pick me up and it's only 12:30 p.m. on Friday.

I came home and sat on the porch waiting for him to pull up with the truck and he didn't come and he didn't come. Finally I checked the phone to see if he had tried to call me and there was a call for 2:06. Since he had left his cell phone home, (again) the only way to reach him was to call his direct number and I reached Bryce his boss instead. Bryce informed me we would only get as far as Layton this weekend. He had given our load to someone else.

We had only got out of the driveway when we got another call and we ended up going to Layton, Utah and back to Butte, Montana where we got to sleep for five hours before driving home. For those without a built in road map Layton Utah is 120 mile to the south and Butte is 220 miles to the north of Blackfoot.

Right now I'm making homemade potato salad before we run into Blackfoot to see about buying a steak to grill. I even have a brand new bottle of A 1. Futher plans for the day include laying on the trampoline and seeing if there is a good view of Blackfoot Fireworks.

Happy Fourth of July. When I was a little kid I was told that going to the parade in Victor and going to the fireworks in Driggs was really celebrating my birthday. Do I really look dumb enough to believe that?

1 comment:

  1. It was sad that you didn't get a chance to come and see us. LoraLee was really disapointed and will have to give you twice as many hugs and kisses when she sees you next.

    ReplyDelete